Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing 15: Digg

I chose not to join but just look around. There are some interesting things on the front page. I don't like the fact it doesn't open a new window to get to the content. I wish it would leave you at Digg and spawn a new window to give you what you are looking for. Kinda a "why am I inside the Wall Street Journal" kinda feeling. I'm sure others may disagree.
I do like that you can see who "Dugg" things and then see other things they "dugg", too. It's like Delicious in the aspect you can find someone with similar interests and follow them along to other similar things.
I can't really see how I'd likely use this in an elementary library but it's good to know about. I'm really not that into entertainment, offbeat, etc.
Looks like the search feature is new as it's labeled as such. Not sure how useful it would be without one. Kinda a fun spot to wander.

No comments: