Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 9 - More Facebook

I discussed friends in part 8 but will include here as well. I have 79 friends I have been collecting since December 2008. They are a mix of old friends and new. Some of the first friends I found were 2 girls I grew up down the street from and found out they live in the same area I do. We got our kids together to play at Spring Break this year. One day I was at lunch and a fellow teacher was talking about Facebook so I added her as a friend and then added those she had and next thing I know 3/4 of our campus is connected via Facebook.

While I have been a member for a while, I'd not joined many groups. Here are the groups I joined today:
Texas Computer Educators Association
Texas Library Association
American Library Association

I was already a member of several groups including but not limited to:
Burkburnett High School Alumni
You know you grew up in tornado alley if...

No comments: