Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing 23: Reflection

There were several of the things I have used before. I have loved Delicious for a long time and I'm quite addicted to Facebook. Others, I'd heard about or seen the results of but never really tried. I like Library Thing but doubt I have the patience to actually catalog my home collection. It might be useful for keeping track of what books I have loaned to people though. I have also admired my colleagues sign on her door that says Ms. Bellow's 4th grade class rocks (roadsign) and now I know how to make my own. :)
I have played with Wikis before and liked the version we used here better than what I have seen in the past. We tried setting up a Wiki for our campus last year but it's only as good as the group....and not many used it so it went ignored quickly. I'm going to look into maybe setting us up a Ning as it looks more friendly.
Twitter was the thing most outside my comfort zone. After joining, I have had several people try to "follow" me and from looking at their posts and others they were following, they are money hunters. I blocked them. I feel ok posting things to Facebook as I know who is reading it...my friends. Not so with Twitter.
My husband and I have been having great fun with instant messaging as well.
Overall, I really enjoyed the trip through the things and there are many I will use in the future.

No comments: