Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing 20: YouTube

I chose to search for "library procedures" as I'm in the middle of preparing a presentation on using technology to teach procedures I hope to present at TCEA in February. Thus far, I have made 3 videos of my own and am always looking for other ideas.
Most of the videos I found thru YouTube were not exactly what I was looking for but still were interesting. Many were instructional videos for the employees rather than teaching videos for the students. I think it is great that a library, in these cases public library, can use this medium to help standardize their service.
Of the ones like I was looking for, I mostly found ones that appeared to be built for a SLIS type class project. I'm hoping that means that fresh new librarians coming along are getting these skills to bring to the classroom.
One I enjoyed and found interesting although totally irrelevant was one about Sully Sullenburger calling the library to appologize that his book was lost in the crash. We need more patrons like him.

No comments: