Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing 11 - instant messaging

It first I decided on skipping this one but decided to go back and give it a try. Since most of my other tools (blog, etc.) are thru Google, I decided to download Google Talk. My husband also downloaded it and we had some fun chatting about our 8-year-old who was sitting oblivious in the same room with us.

I'm not an overly social person so just chatting with people isn't really my style. I have in the past used instant messaging that was built into the office system such as the one inside "First Class" if I needed to see if someone was available at that moment. With teachers, that is rarely the case. The computer may be on but we aren't likely sitting there looking at it but rather off helping the kids. We also don't want to say just anything that would pop up on someone elses screen because you don't know if the teacher is there or if he/she has a student using their machine at the moment.

While chat is cool and we should understand it because the kids do alot of it, I'm not convinced it's going to be a day to day tool for me.

No comments: